Labels

Monday, September 19, 2011

new car

     This weekend I, with my parents, headed down to the Apple Valley GMC and Buick dealership to look around at new cars. My plan was to only get ideas for the future and maybe, if i did find one i like, pay half for the car. But my parents surprised me with buying my a new used car. Not requiring me to chip in half or even on the down payment. They told me it's an early graduation/ Christmas present. This was shocking to me. They had made it quite clear that they would not buy me a car, especially since I am not living at home. I think they finally realized though that I am changing. Each day I grow up just a little bit more, take more responsibility, and become quite independent.
     Cars aren't cheap. Though right now is a good time to purchase one with the economy being so bad. Interest rates are down, prices are pretty low. Many people are not looking to buy cars at the moment. So it's easy to bargain the prices down.
     I'm fully aware that I got spoiled, and its not like I asked for it. I went in thinking I was just looking, at most paying half, but my parents wont let me. They wanted to give me this present. I'm still chipping in. Making payments to my parents on the insurance, paying for any maintenance it may need, and all the gas that I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment